not great.

I know this is a happy blog, and I consider myself a very positive person, but let me show some emotion and share the following things that are very bothersome to me:

  • when people put filters and crops on my images
    • my pictures are a big deal to me, the way I present them is the way they're meant to be.  please don't be one of these people...
  • when women make fuss or claim that it is such a chore to cook, that they can 'only make mac n' cheese', that a huge gift to their husband would be making a home-cooked meal....
    • call me old-fashioned but a girl should cook.  stop making excuses, read a book, practice, make it happen and stop playing the 'i-cant-cook-to-save-my-life card'
  • the continuous statements that people make about how 'technology is ruining our world' and 'no one can talk to each other anymore because they just text' and 'people don't know how to spell and can't write well anymore because all they do is text made-up abbreviations'
    • blahhh, blahh, blahh. i think this is one of my least favorite statements. it's so annoying, I'm all about technology and texting and cell phones, iphones, laptops, pretty much everything in the Apple Store.  and yes, it seems that Apple and other forms of technology are taking over...but is that such a bad thing?..can't we see the great conveniences that it has allowed for us?  Isn't it amazing all the things we can do, people we can stay in touch with, free marketing it has provided, and wonderful access it has allowed to everything.  I'll be the first to say that I text alot..too much.  But I can spell amazing and write well also...we are not becoming stupider because we text.  Sorry world and band-wagoners, step-off because technology is grand.
  • people that don't follow their dreams 
    • i see so much potential in so many people, i just wish they'd believe that if they want something bad enough they can have it
Alright, alright, negativity gone.  Soap box done.  Lovely quote comin atcha:

"We grow great by dreams. All big men are dreamers. They see things in the soft haze of a spring day or in the red fire of a long winter's evening. Some of us let these great dreams die, but others nourish and protect them; nurse them through bad days till they bring them to the sunshine and light which comes always to those who sincerely hope that their dreams will come true"

1 comment:

The Tripp's said...

Agree...AGREE!!!!...kind of agree...really agree! I love this post, it made me smile because I could just here your cute little voice saying it. I will NOT crop your pictures, I will cook for my husband everyday, I will support you and him in your obsession of technology, and I will follow my dreams dangit! I love you!!!