i like..

Ok, so the reason I personally love blogging so much is to get ideas and inspiration from other people!  I'm pretty sure that's what most of blogging is about anyways...I started to realize that I don't really ever share anything I like or that's great, or that people should check out!

So I dedicate this post to things I love lately: movies, music, clothing, books, websites, blogs, etc, etc.

Do enjoy lovely readers...I hope I really do have some readers out there:))

Movies
Ok I loooove movies, love going to the movies, love redbox, love netflix.  With that being said...I really haven't much of a chance to just watch movies in the past little while..but with the changing of events in my life, I have found more and more time to nurture this favorite past time!

The Way Back:
Amazing, riveting show!  Based on a true story about these people escaping from a Russian prison camp and walking 4,000 miles, even across the Himalayas to freedom!!
I sure do love true stories:)





Masterpiece Classic: The Diary of Anne Frank:

This was my mom got on Netflix and has been wanting to watch it for long, so finally, after a long run in the morning and a Satruday afternoon to enjoy, we closed all the blinds in the living room at 3pm and cuddled up w/ our blankets to watch this.  I'm soo interested in the Holocaust and the events of that time period.  Really, the only history subject I even remotely remember learning about in elementary and high school is the Holocaust and reading Anne Frank's diary.  I remember it pretty vividly actually.  I was always very intrigued by this story.  With that being said, I was kind of hesitant to watch this because I thought it was going to be sad, heavy, and show the events of torture in the camps so I almost didn't want to see it... Buuut, there was none of that!  I chronicles the life of Anne Frank and her family while they are hiding away in the secret annex!  That's it!  It doesn't show any of the harsh treatment in the prison camps that make you feel uneasy.  Did you know the Frank family, and the 4 other Jews that were hiding there w/ them lived in that secret annex for 2 years?!  They narrowly missed escaping before the war was over by just less than a yr!  This is a must see! (There's alot of different Anne Frank stories, so make sure to get this one pictured)


Ok, I didn't really plan on typing that much about these things I recommend, but, it's happening!

Reads

The Infinite Atonement:
This is one of the most amazing books I've ever read.  Presents the atonement in way that is understandable, despite its vast length and intricacies.  Has strengthened my testimony already so much and I'm not even halfway through!















'Making Things Happen' blog:
I'm obsessed with quotes and motivational/improvement reads!  I recently stumbled upon this amazing blog that encourages success and change for the better..start following it HERE


Music:
Ok, so I guess I'd consider myself an artist...it's kind of a cliche thing that artists work so hard and don't get much recognition, support, struggle for so many years, blah, blah, blah all that jazz, but really...I'm starting to identify w/ some of that! haha  Thus, my recent change of heart w/ music and music downloads...I buy all my music these days.  Plus, the album artwork is just my favorite:))
I'm totally in to local bands these days as well, some really get sound I've heard from all these bands always playing in Provo!  Who knew?!

The Neighbors:
I'm completely obsessed with Rachel's voice.  Soo Ingrid Michaelson-Regina Skeptor-inspired.  I bought their new EP, now available on Itunes
Have a listen...




The Mountain Goats:
Newly found, love them.  Here's my fav song of theirs right now..


1 comment:

Taylor said...

Ok why have I been "too busy" to check blogs lately. I just read your latest posts and just know we were meant to be friends. You could easily fit in as a sister. ivory/creme wedding dresses. my dream. "when i get married..." and yes a few weeks ago i was surfin the web lookin at tons of wedding dresses... who knows why. holocaust/WWII i love. a couple weeks ago i did a post on a book about a concentration camp. good quotes. you must read the book. and we just talked about those prisoners who escaped from russia and made that journey in church a few weeks ago. your blog is like mini excerpt of my life as of late. ha. skype sesh tomorrow and i so.can't.wait.