wppi: day 1



Hello all,

I am currently in classes allll day for the next 4 days! WPPI...Wedding and Portrait Photographers International, ever heard of it?
Its a huge conference of about 15,000 photographers. The tip-top photographers in the industry join at the MGM Grand and put on a bunch of workshop, shows, classes, parties, photo shoots, etc, etc....basically amazing guidance, motivation, business/marketing skills, lighting, posing, etc, etc.

Anywho, Court and I started the conference today. It's very amazing, but also very overwhelming. There's just sooo much to learn and there's so much going on in my mind about what I want to do and how I want to move forward and improve. It's just such great guidance from the top bosses in the industry and make you a better photographer.

I take notes in all the classes, but I decided I need to have a little debrief sesh each night of all the great things for ya'll the enjoy haa

Welll, ps. guess who hosted the Runway Fashion Show tonight?!! NIGEL BARKER!!! He's amazing! He just chatted us up about how he runs his business, the camera he uses, the shots he works on and he's such a good guy and super nice!

Well, I'm really tired right now, so this post is going to be rather short about the day, buuut the 2 workshops that we went to today lasted a total of 6 hrs. The first class was by Jared Platt and the second by Mike..forgot his last name and a panel discussion w/ Jose Villa, Mike Colon, Grey Likes Weddings, 100 Layer Cake, Jesh, and Style Unveield. The second was my favorite and really amazing. Talked about finding your style and staying consistent in your work to what you love and what sets you apart from others...something I've really been discovering lately and trying to focus in on more.

Ok, I know I didn't give that good of a breakdown, but it's all in my notes and I'm real wiped out soo bed time. Until tmrw... Good night Las Vegas.

1 comment:

The Photo Pharm said...

nice... you lucky lady you! :)